My Online Self

Online me is very different from real me because in real life I’m a very open, talkative person, usually telling funny stories about my family or trying to make jokes. But online I’m very private. I don’t share really personal stories because I’m very aware of the dangers of the Internet, so I keep to myself most of the time online. I actually don’t use very much social media or post pictures of me online, which people think is odd for this day and age, seeing everyone does it. But I still think it’s fun to tell the Internet the thoughts that are important to you and find someone that thinks the same way. I think that’s why I’m excited for this blog site.

6 comments to My Online Self

1. Miss W. says:

G’day Walaa,
    It is good not to be so open on the internet and to be aware of the possible dangers. I notice your mentor for the challenge Mr Genereux has already commented a couple of times. Make sure you reply to comments left by others on your blog especially if they ask a question.

2. Jmalcangioandrews says:

Walaah

I liked your post! I myself am aware of the dangers of the Internet but I do seem to open up a little more around others online then when I’m offline. I can be very talkative online but I never post pictures of myself. – jmalcangioandrews
    http://www.flags8.org

• walaah says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one that doesn’t post pictures online and I’m glad you like my post, thank you!

3. kaylynns says:

I’m the same way, I don’t really share very personal stuff online. I really love the style of you writing and the organization.

4. Mr. Helpern says:

Hi Walaa,
    Your post is very well thought out about the difference between being online and offline. It’s not a bad thing that you don’t use social media as often as other people. I sometimes wish people would share less on Face book, or at least think about why they are posting something. I teach my students about safety and being digital citizens. One of the most important things they don’t always realize is that once you post something on the internet it could be there forever. I look forward to reading mor of your insightful blog posts.
    Sincerely,
    Mr. Helpern
    https://helpernshelpers.edublogs.org